- 2 jars of 16 oz Marconi Hot or Mild Giardiniera
- 4 cup of all purpose flour
- 1 1/2 cups of warm water
- 1 package of active dry yeast
- 1 tsp. salt
- 2 Tbls of extra virgin olive oil
- 1 Tbls of sugar
- In a large bowl pour in warm water and sugar.
- Stir to dissolve sugar.
- Add yeast and gently stir until yeast is dissolved.• Let mixture sit for around 15 minutes to activate yeast.
- Add oil and salt and gently stir.
- Add one cup of flour and mix.
- Add a second cup of flour and mix until sticky.
- Add third cup of flour and mix until dough becomes thick.
- Place the dough on a floured board and gradually knead in the remaining flour.
- Dust with extra flour and continue kneading until dough becomes firm. About 10 minutes.
- Kneading is complete when you have a smooth silky ball of dough. It's better to over knead than to under knead.
- Grease a large bowl with a little oil.
- Place dough in the bowl turning once to coat the dough.
- Cover with a dish towel an place in a warm place for about 2 hours allowing the dough to double in size.
- Take the dough out of the bowl and cut in half and roll the into two balls.
Roll out the dough in a square or round shape. Drain Giardiniera from bottle. Top the pizza dough with the giardiniera. Let it sit for around 2 hours to let the dough rise a little more. Pre-heat the oven to 425 degrees. Bake for 30 minutes until the crust is nice and browned.